Thursday, March 4, 2010

Week 24

So this week has been fun, I went to my friend Greg's baby shower.  Greg and his wife Erica are having a little girl named Alleigh in May.  I went shopping with my mom to buy a gift for them and ended up finding the moby wrap I wanted, so excited!!  Stephen and I both got to see Rhyin move for the first time.  Yesterday I had my hand on my stomach and she kicked it, that was really cool and Stephen tried all night but she didn't kick strong enough for him to feel it.  We see the doctor tomorrow and I think I'm doing my glucose test tomorrow, hopefully that goes well. I will try to do another little update tomorrow.  Also if you haven't yet check out my youtube channel there's a link on the right of this.  This weekend I'm going with my friend Katie to Chicago to see her sister, who had twins the day before I got married.  The last time I saw them they were only a month old, so I'm looking forward to that.  Hope everyone is doing good!


Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

1 comment:

  1. I never used bottles (I breastfed) but I’m not sure if they even make glass bottles anymore? Maybe I’m wrong.

    ReplyDelete